This blog has officially moved to Wordpress! You can find the latest posts at www.blueeyebooks.com. Redirect coming soon!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Fantasy Favorites Read-a-Thon: Playlist Shuffle Quiz


The first event I'll be doing for the Fantasy Favorites Read-a-Thon is a playlist shuffle quiz!  There are 10 questions and for every question, I'll hit shuffle on my iTunes library to see what song comes up!  That song is the answer to the question.  If you'd like to learn more about the read-a-thon, my introduction post is HERE.  Let's get into it, shall we?



1. This song describes the series you are reading:
Look After You - The Fray
Aww, a cute little love story (unrequited love, but still cutesy!)!

The defining lyrics:
There now, steady love, so few come and don't go
Will you, won't you be the one I'll always know?
When I'm losing my control, the city spins around
You're the only one who knows, you slow it down

2. This song what the love interest is caught singing at drunk karaoke:
Grenade - Bruno Mars
Haha the love interest would be proclaiming his love to his ex where she would proceed to do a hair flip and walk out. And then the love interest gets together with the protagonist and all is well in the world!

The defining lyrics:
Oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for you, baby
But you won't do the same

3. This song describes a battle scene:
O - Coldplay

Okay, so maybe it's a very evil flock of birds that are descending upon the crowd of evil people! You never know!

The defining lyrics:
And I always
Look up to the sky
Pray before the dawn
'Cause they fly always
Sometimes they arrive
Sometimes they are gone
They fly on

...

So fly on
Ride through
Maybe one day I'll fly next to you
Fly on, ride through
Maybe one day I can fly with you

4. This song is playing whilst the main character walks through a wall of fire like a badass:
Royals - Lorde

This protagonist is clearly a royal and she's fancy af!

The defining lyrics:
Ooh ooh oh
We're bigger than we ever dreamed,
And I'm in love with being queen.
Ooh ooh oh
Life is great without a care
We aren't caught up in your love affair.

5. This song describes the plot:
Better Life - 3 Doors Down

So... something about ghosts? Maybe like the movie RIPD! :D With lots of people in leather jackets.

The defining lyrics:
I'm about to see just how far I can fly
Surely you're gonna break my fall
I'm about to run as fast as I can
Head along into that wall
It's time, I'm passing away on to the better life
I'm passing away on to the better
On to the better life
On to the better
6: During a battle, the characters are fighting to this song:
The Ballad of Billy the Kid - Billy Joel
Clearly this book is VERY western. Ghosts who are gunslingers who also live in West Virginia and Colorado...

The defining lyrics:
Well, he never traveled heavy
Yes, he always rode alone
And he soon put many older guns to shame
And he never had a sweetheart
And he never had a home
But the cowboy and the rancher knew his name
Well, he robbed his way from Utah to Oklahoma
And the law just could not seem to track him down
And it served his legend well
For the folks, they'd love to tell
'Bout when Billy the Kid came to town
7. Battles! Magic! Possible murder! This song is playing when the plot thickens:
Reflection - Fifth Harmony
The protagonist is transformed by magic and is now gorgeous! And now, of course, the love interest likes her more *bleh*

The defining lyrics:
Ooh, where you from (where you from)?
Must be heaven
You'd be rich if looking good was your profession
Think I'm in love, 'cause you so sexy
Boy, I ain't talkin' about you, I'm talking to my own reflection

8.  This song will most likely play at the worst possible moment:
Disneyland - Five for Fighting
When the characters are getting psyched to go arrest a rogue spirit or something (think Men in Black!) and suddenly, THIS SONG.

The defining lyrics:
There I was somewhere West of Tomorrow Land 
Flying through the stars just like Peter Pan 
I said...Damn this looks too good to be true... 

There she goes... my heart again (would you mind rolling over) 
I can feel it in the air (something's coming down) 
I don't know and I don't care that it's a small world 

It's a nice day if you wake up in Disneyland... 
It's a nice day when you wake up in Disneyland...

9. This song describes your favourite character:
I Will Remember - Train
They have some serious unresolved childhood issues. They're also out for revenge for their latest love! Maybe they got screwed over... This is totally the protagonist!

The defining lyrics:
Did you ever get drunk because of love
Did it put you in a funk when it was over
Did it pick you up high, knock you down low?
Did it make you wish hard that you didn't know
Are you still going hard 'cause I am
Better by far, because of them
And together we will never let 'em get the better of us now

Here's to us, we were at the top
And here's to never knowing when we're not
The time we had together, ooh
Love is not supposed to stop
If you forget, I will remember

10. This song is the finale:
Get Home - Bastille
The main character wants to get back to the world of the living because she doesn't like being dead and she wants to get away from that life.

The defining lyrics:
We are the last people standing
At the end of the night
We are the greatest pretenders
In the cold morning light

...

Oh, how am I gonna get myself back home?
I, I, I...
How am I gonna get myself back home?
I, I...
I'm lost


The Wrap-Up

So there you have it!  The world of ghosts is policed by the RIPD.  Our protagonist has recently died and joins the force.  It's all about the love between her, her love interest, and the love interest's ex.  The love interest (let's call him Billy) gets drunk at the ghost bar and sings Grenade to his ex (let's call him Bobby) which our protagonist (let's call her Marta) hears.  She's devastated at learning Billy is gay but she accepts it slowly throughout the story.  Total unrequited love and all that.

The ghost fighters find restless spirits and imprison them so they can't hurt the people.  Our characters currently patrol Colorado and therefore are very western.  Marta gets involved with another being in the supernatural world: a genie (another kind of spirit that grants wishes) and without wishing for it, is made beautiful.  This attracts Billy who claims he actually likes her now and was making the whole gay thing up.  However, Marta sees through the act and rejects him as she realizes that the spell also attracts everyone to her.

The three ghosts go about their ghost catching activities until they find the powerful ghost they are looking for and neutralize them.  At this point, Marta has had a rebound fling with another ghost hunter who she falls in love with.  However, she is dumped and realizes that she doesn't need anyone to be happy.  After everything happens, Marta really just wants to get out of this world because she's been having a horrible time!


There you have it!  I have to say, that turned out okay!  :D  Do you love any of these songs?

2 comments:

  1. I love Bastille :) They are one of my favourite bands and Get Home is such a beautiful song! I can't believe I'm going to see them on their Wild World tour in November :) Great Post Laura!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My favorite songs are Get Home and Flaws :) You lucky duck!! Have fun!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...